The Bookkeeper will be responsible for applying and developing their skills in bookkeeping. This person will apply a hands on approach in working with clients to ensure that records are accurate. Experience with Xero, Quickbooks, and Sage is an asset, but not required.
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries, and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts, and highlights.
- Ongoing client bookkeeping services, including Payroll and GST remittances.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and controlling of engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement.
- Stay knowledgeable about emerging trends and developments related to business, analytical tools, and techniques to deliver quality results within tight timeframes.
- Act with the highest levels of integrity while always observing regulatory guidelines, fulfilling your due diligence, and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Regular communication with the management team as well as clients.
- Attend training courses to further develop accounting knowledge.
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Taxprep, Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage is an asset.
- Previous accounting-related office experience is an asset.
- Customer service and/or client service experience is desirable.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills using the Microsoft Suite of products.
- A fun vibe that fits with our work environment.
- Verbal & written communication skills.
- Collaboration & team skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Drive to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when handling work pressures.