The CPA Student will be responsible for developing their skills in accounting, tax, client communication, file management and overall professional development.
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries, and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts, and highlights.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and controlling of engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement.
- Stay knowledgeable about emerging trends and developments related to business, analytical tools, and techniques to deliver quality results within tight timeframes.
- Act with the highest levels of integrity while always observing regulatory guidelines, fulfilling your due diligence, and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Regular communication with the management team as well as clients.
- Attend training courses to further develop accounting knowledge.
- Working towards all necessary prerequisites for admission into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP) upon commencement of employment.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major preferred).
- Previous accounting-related office experience is an asset.
- Customer service and/or client service experience is desirable.
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Taxprep, Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage are beneficial.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills using the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- A fun vibe that fits with our work environment.
- Verbal & written communication skills.
- Collaboration & team skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Drive to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when handling work pressures.