Eligible small and medium-sized businesses, co-ops, and non-profits can apply for a one-time payment of $5,000 under the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant that the provincial government has put forth.
The grant is available to businesses, non-profit organizations, and co-operatives that meet the following criteria:
- Have experienced a minimum revenue decline of 50% related to the COVID-19 pandemic in April and/or May 2020 compared to April 2019, May 2019, or February 2020
- Are maintaining a permanent establishment in Alberta
- Are carrying on business operations or are eligible to carry on business operations in Alberta on February 29, 2020
- Have less than 500 employees (full-time, part-time, and contract combined)
- Have been ordered to temporarily close or curtail operations through a COVID-19 public health order. An organization whose operations were not closed or substantially curtailed due a public health order by the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta as a result of COVID-19 are not eligible.
- Are open or plan to reopen as public health orders are lifted through Alberta’s phased relaunch plan
- Have not received any payments, grants, or amounts directly from federal or provincial governments except for:
- Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board premium relief
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Western Economic Development Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Government of Alberta grant relief funding for the childcare sector
- Relief funding from municipalities
How to apply
In order to apply for the grant, applicants must register for the My Alberta Digital ID. Once the account has been created, applicants can use their My Alberta Digital ID to apply through the online application portal.
For more information please the Government of Alberta webpage for the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant or call our office for assistance.