Eligible organizations can apply for a one-time payment of 15% of their pre-COVID-19 revenue, up to a maximum of $5,000. It is available to businesses, cooperatives, and non-profit organizations that meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be a corporation, partnership, sole proprietor, non-profit registered in Alberta
- Maintain a permanent establishment in Alberta
- Be carrying on business or eligible to carry on business in Alberta on February 29, 2020
- Experienced a 50% revenue reduction in April or May 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Revenues can be compared to April 2019, May 2019, or February 2020 revenues. Seasonal businesses can compare to average monthly sales volume from 2019 when they were in operation
- Have less than 500 employees
- Were ordered to temporarily close or curtail operations through a COVID-19 public health order
- Are open or plan to relaunch as public health orders are lifted throughout Alberta
- Have not received any payments, grants, or amounts directly from federal or provincial government sources, or insurance to replace or compensate for the loss of revenue, except from nine approved programs
Organizations can apply at any time up to the deadline of August 31, or for 4 weeks following the start of Phase 3 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy (date to be determined), whichever is later. Applications must be made online through the Government of Alberta’s online application portal. A My Alberta Digital ID (MADI) is required to apply for the grant.